We are a full time, year round house of worship where we bring Scripture, prayer, preaching, and music together to proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are blessed to be led by a strong team of worship leaders including our Pastor, Sunday School Teachers, Choir Master, Choir members, Ruling Elders and Deacons.
Our services are joyful, thought provoking and full of praise. After service we gather for wonderful food and fellowship!
"Make a joyful noise unto the Lord ..." Psalm 100
The First Presbyterian Church in Ocean City, Maryland, started as a Union Sunday School in 1892. Founded years later, a sanctuary was erected at North Division Street at a cost of $1000 about 13 blocks south of the current location. At that time, the work was under the direction of Buckingham Presbyterian Church of Berlin and was known as the Ocean City Mission Chapel.
On April 4, 1909, representatives of Presbytery met with 34 charter members and formed the First Presbyterian Church of Ocean City. Later a manse was built adjoining the church property.
In 1944, a severe storm damaged the church. Without a pastor, the congregation raised enough money to repair it. An attempt to purchase adjoining property for the purpose of expansion was unsuccessful, so the congregation purchased the current site in 1955 for $16,000. Building began in the early 60's and the first worship service was held in the present building on June 16, 1963.